Български (България)English (United Kingdom)
Sad news: Nikolay Dimitrov passed away

dimitrov(03.03.2014) I am sad to announce that the famous Bulgarian chess composer Nikolay Dimitrov died on 23.02.2014 in Varna (Bulgaria) at the age of 84. The funeral took place on Friday (28.02.2014).

He was ill for many years (heart, eyes...), but was always possitive and good man.

Dimitrov has composed more than 1000 compositions (mostly twomovers, threemovers, and studies as well), he has also won over 180 awards in international tournaments. In 1969 at the World Congress of Chess Composition in Varna he was included in the subcommittee drafting a regulation on holding World Chess Solving Championship.

I spoke with him by phone few days ago and we discussed his 85th birthday later this year. We agreed he to sent me his favorite problems ("composed for the solvers", as he said), which I was planned to publishing in the site.

You can see his biography and selected compositions HERE.

My sincere condolences to his family and friends!

nik2

With Nikolay Dimitrov at his home - Varna 2013

Comments  

0 #1 Diyan Kostadinov 2014-03-04 19:04
We heard from his daughter that he died on 23.02 (from heart attack), but our first information was that the funeral took place on 28.02. This is 5 days delay, so probably some mistake is on the dates, but I will check and inform soon.

+1 #2 seetharaman 2014-03-05 07:51
Sad loss to Bulgarian composers. He must have been an inspiration to you all.Glad to observe that he took keen interest in chess composition even at that age.

Add comment

Security code
Refresh

Deprecated: Function ereg() is deprecated in /home/youcult/public_html/chessbul/templates/edenrock/s5_tab_show_ER.php on line 5

Deprecated: Function ereg() is deprecated in /home/youcult/public_html/chessbul/templates/edenrock/s5_tab_show_ER.php on line 9

P1110623

KOBULCHESS.COM

site for chess composition

General editor:

Diyan Kostadinov

Co-editor:

Seetharaman Kalyan

Recent comments