Български (България)English (United Kingdom)
The chess composition section of "Shahmatna misal" is back!

smis     The chess composition section of the famous bulgarian chess magazine "Shahmatna misal"  is now reopen! The editor of the column is IGM Petko Petkov. The first two issues for 2012 included the articles:

- Diyan Kostadinov - top class author: article dedicated to the Diyan's 30th jubilee;

- Fairy Julia - an unique phenomenon in chess composition;

- How to participate into the composing tourneys;

- Presentation of the website - kobulchess.com;

- Famous bulgarian chess composers: Nikolay Dimitrov;

- Three full pages by the editorial team dedicated to the Petkov's 70th jubilee.

An Informal composing tourneys are not announced yet, but it is possible to be done in the future.

You can see and download both issues of "Shahmatna misal" 2012 on the following links: 

sm1

http://chessbg.com/chessbg_files/downloads/magazine/2012-01.pdf

sm2

http://chessbg.com/chessbg_files/downloads/magazine/2012-02.pdf

ppsm

Comments  

+2 #1 seetharaman 2012-07-01 17:23
Any possibility of translating the article on Julia Vysotska in English and publishing here ?

+1 #2 dkostadinov 2012-07-02 22:41
The first part of article and the explanations of her selected problems are in english so you can understand them. The other part in article is about: Julia is very modern composer and it is very interesting that she start to compose in fairy chess from beginning; she is good friend of bulgarian composers and we have nice partnership with her; she helping other composers with her computer skills; Julia composing in modern style and won a prize in Bulgarian Wine Tourney with her debut; she start as a solver and compose her first problem (helpmate) in 2011. Ilya Ketris helping her in beginning.

+2 #3 seetharaman 2012-07-03 17:26
Indeed it is rare that composers start composing Fairy problems from the beginning. N.Shankarram of India is one such composer. His earliest problems were fairies, though later he composed a number of prize winning Orthodox problems also. So she is in illustrious company !!

+1 #4 dkostadinov 2012-07-04 00:59
I know that he have many "cyclone problems". I remember also one his fairy #2 Madrasi problem with white K cross and black K star. How old is he now? Is he alive and still composing?

+2 #5 seetharaman 2012-07-04 02:00
Quoting dkostadinov:
How old is he now? Is he still composing?

Cyclone, and cycle had been his main interest, but he has done a lot of very good non-cycles also. He has not been composing for more than 10 years now due to his work commitments probably. We missed him very much for our WCCT entries this time. He is our youngest composer, 51 now I think !

+2 #6 dkostadinov 2012-07-04 04:00
Thanks for information Ram. I hope you will find your new youngest chess composer soon. India is so big country with so many chess successes...

+3 #7 Julia 2012-07-05 13:23
Oh, nothing so special about me to be translated! :) Diyan has told you almost everyhing like it is, really!
But I can add something more myself: I really have very warm feelings to Bulgaria and Bulgarian composers! The Bulgarian Wine Tourney will always remain in my memory as one of the most important and exciting events in my life - as it was like my birth as a composer. But Bulgaria - like my the second birthplace! :)
I'd like to use a chance to write it on Diyan's site: Diyan has helped me a lot after the Tourney, he has assured me that I can be a good composer, he has directed me when I didn't know what to start from, and also Diyan has seen my the very first problems, so I believe he's the one who can evaluate my growth :)
Thank you, Diyan! I believe that I'll always have some special or celebratory mood, participating in your tourneys! /julia

+2 #8 dkostadinov 2012-07-05 23:43
Dear Julia, thank you for your very kind words. I was told you in beginning that you will become very strong chess composer and I am happy that I was right! Your fairy problems are great - keep going! I hope that we will see more new talented woman composers, this will be very nice for our art...

Add comment

Security code
Refresh

Deprecated: Function ereg() is deprecated in /home/youcult/public_html/chessbul/templates/edenrock/s5_tab_show_ER.php on line 5

Deprecated: Function ereg() is deprecated in /home/youcult/public_html/chessbul/templates/edenrock/s5_tab_show_ER.php on line 9

P1110623

KOBULCHESS.COM

site for chess composition

General editor:

Diyan Kostadinov

Co-editor:

Seetharaman Kalyan

Recent comments