Български (България)English (United Kingdom)
"The development of an idea" by Nikola Predrag

chessfairy(12.09.2013) In this interesting and useful article full with fairy originals you can see the way of development of the idea "active selfblocks by the reborn pieces" which started after the publication of the problem n. 231 by Janos Csak. With many examples Nikola Predrag presents a different angles for realisation of an interesting thematic complex and gives some notes for a future work.

- THE DEVELOPMENT OF AN IDEA -
(sketches after the comments of KoBulChess No.231 by J.Csak)

by Nikola Predrag (Croatia)

nikola

np1

np2

np3

np4

np5

np6

Circe: Captured units (not Ks) reappear on their game-array squares, of the same colour (pieces), on the file of capture (pawns), or on the capture file’s promotion square (fairy pieces). If the rebirth square is occupied the capture is normal.  

Mirror Circe: Like Circe, but the rebirth square of a piece is the square occupied at the beginning of an orthodox game by a piece of the same kind and of the other side. Related to the square they occupied before the rebirth: Rooks, Bishops and Knights are reborn on the square of the same colorPawns (including fairy Pawns) are reborn on the same file; other fairy pieces are reborn on the same file and on the promotion rank of the other side.

Comments  

+2 #1 Kenneth Solja 2013-09-12 08:57
Nice article. Thank you Nicola !
What comes to h#5,5 moves with Circe I have already published following position:
W: bh2 (no wK on the board)
B: Kd7, Dd8, Sc6, Se6
H#5,5 Circe
1. - h4 2. Dg5 hxg5(+bDd8) 3. Df6 gxf6(+Dd8) 4. Se7! (not 4. De7??) fxe7(+Sb8)
5. Sc6 exd8D# (None of pieces 2bS + bK can't capture wD because it would still be check, because wD reborn to d1.

+2 #2 Kenneth Solja 2013-09-12 09:09
The problem I'm referring to is P1182939
in PDB.

+3 #3 Nikola Predrag 2013-09-12 12:41
Thanks Kenneth, I didn't know about your problem (it's h#4.5).
My idea was not a self-defending wQ, that was used only to minimize the material.
The idea of the mini-article is 'the active selblocks by the reborn pieces'.

Your problem is very interesting. Virtually, there are 4 consecutive sacrifices of bQ (3active+1passive), including 2active+1passive sacrifices by the reborn bQ. In the solution, the lack of black tempo requires an antidualistic active sacrifice of bSc6 which after the rebirth actively re-blocks c6 - bravo!

Anyway, now I can not consider h#5.5 in the article as my original. It should be written something like: Kenneth Solja, (version for the article by N.P.)

+3 #4 Kenneth Solja 2013-09-13 12:11
Nikola, that is OK, your problem is as good as mine. I think that there is no anticipation. I just wanted you to know the coincidence.
I know that we both like same kind of problems so this is very likely to happen.

+2 #5 Kenneth Solja 2013-09-14 07:03
I have now extended this problem from 4,5 moves to 5 moves. Now here every black piece is moving (except bK). Here we don't have bS sacrifice at all, but 4 consecutive sacrifices(3active+1passive) while in 4.5 moves we did have 2 active+1 passive sacrifices by bQ and 1 active sacrifice bS.
The position is:
W: bh2 (wK can be in h1 if wanted)
B: Kd7 Dd8 Sc7 Se7
H#5 Circe
1. Sc6 h4 2 Dg5 fxg5(+bDd8) 3 Df6 gxf6(+bDd8) 4 De7 fxe7(+bDd8) 5 Se6 exd8D#

Add comment

Security code
Refresh

P1110623

KOBULCHESS.COM

site for chess composition

General editor: