Български (България)English (United Kingdom)
Problem 474: Vladislav Nefyodov - Helpmate
vladislav.nefyodov(16.12.2014) This problem by Vladislav Nefyodov was inspired by problem 421 by Nikola Predrag. It is almost the same, but there is AUW instead of double Phenix. The readers and the judge will decide is this improvement and which is better. All author's comments are published as I received them. Welcome in KoBulChess to Vladislav!

474 002

Comments  

+2 #1 Nikola Predrag 2014-12-17 19:35
The idea and theme of No.421 are mentioned under the diagram on that page:
"Active (black) and passive (white) sacrifice of pieces of the same type & color as the pieces promoted earlier (Clone-loan?). A task of both black and white theme in each phase. All moves are thematic."

The theme is not Zilahi and not AUW, but the relation between the promotions and the pieces captured later.

In h#2, White must first promote and so, there is no time for active sacrifice.
The realization is indeed artificial, but that is the price for all 8 specifically thematic moves.

wQ and wB must have some convincing functions in the position, and delivering the mate is quite a good function.
That's why I have used Zilahi, which is here a tool and not a theme.

+2 #2 Nikola Predrag 2014-12-17 19:38
I don't know whether the combination of Zilahi+AUW is new.
The "linear change of takes" is of course a specific pattern, but I don't see it as a very special or deep idea which would compensate for the economy.

However, the originality and construction of No.474 should be analyzed before commenting.

Add comment

Security code
Refresh

P1110623

KOBULCHESS.COM

site for chess composition

General editor:

Diyan Kostadinov

Co-editor:

Seetharaman Kalyan

Recent comments